1925: Garfield opens its doors.
- Garfield opened with an enrollment of about 1000 students
- Construction was still going on. Teachers and students became familiar with the sounds of hammers and saws during class.
- It ran classes for the 7th through 12th grades
- Students received a Garfield Junior High School diploma upon completion of the 9th grade
- Uniforms for girls only (navy blue pleated wool skirt; white middy blouse with dark blue collar and cuffs, with or without a black tie. Stockings or socks must be worn at all times)
- Two seniors graduate
- CSF (California Scholarship Federation) Begins at Garfield
- 1200 students are enrolled
- Katherine Weber is elected Garfield’s first Ephebian
- The Yearbook cost: $1.00
- Key Club created (a junior Kiwanis Club)
- A new Graflex camera for the school. For athletic, action photos.