College Center » Community Colleges

Community Colleges

  • Requirements: Graduate HS with Diploma or GED
  • Associates Degree: 2-year programs
  • Certificates: vary by program 
  • Transfer to a Cal State
    • Need 60 units of general education classes (ex: math, history, English, science)
    • + transfer specific classes (depends on major)
  • Transfer to a UC
    • Need 70 units + transfer specific classes (depending on major) 
  • TAG(Transfer admission guarantee)
    • Irvine, Davis, Merced, Santa Barbara, Riverside, Santa Cruz
  • Benefits 
    • Super Inexpensive
    • Close to home
    • Easier to transfer to a CSU, UC, and private school