College Center » UC Requirements & Info

UC Requirements & Info

It's a good idea to have everything prepared before you start your application so you're not trying to track down information at the last minute.Here's what you'll need:
  1. TRANSCRIPTS. Don't submit your transcripts to UC at this point, but refer to them as you fill out the application to ensure the information you enter is accurate.
  2. TEST SCORES. The SAT/ACT is optional for all freshman and sophomore applicants beginning fall 2021. You may want to report the SAT/ACT along with any SAT Subject Tests, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, TOEFL, or IELTS exams they have taken.
  3. ANNUAL INCOME for last year and the current year (your parents' if you're a dependent; your income if you're independent). This is optional unless you're applying for an application fee waiver or for the Educational Opportunity Program.
  4. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, if you have one. We use this to match your application to things like your test score report, final transcript(s) and, if you're applying for financial aid, your Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
  5. CITIZENSHIP STATUSYou must enter your country of citizenship (or "No Selection"). If your country of citizenship is outside the United States, you'll need to provide your immigration status and your visa type.
  6. CALIFORNIA STATEWIDE STUDENT ID (optional). Each K-12 student in California public schools is assigned an ID number. If it's not printed on your transcript, ask your counselor or registrar.
  7. CREDIT CARD. If you prefer to pay by check, you can mail your payment. *See section for Fee Waiver 
UC Fun Facts 
  • 9 undergraduate campuses
  • 5 medical centers
  • 3 national laboratories
  • 160 academic disciplines
  • 800-degree programs
  • 280,380 students
  • 227,700 employees
  • 2.0 million living alumni
  • 64 Nobel laureates
  • 430,000 jobs supported
  • $46.3 billion contributed to California economy
  • Secures $7 in federal and private dollars for every $1 in research funding provided by the state of California