HUMANITAS ACADEMY of LEADERSHIP & LAW
To offer students the opportunity to participate in a challenging, inter-disciplinary learning experience organized around relevant themes that encourage critical thinking, writing, and verbal skills..
- Administrator: Maria Hernandez
- Lead: Mike Pacheco
- Loyola Law School Young Lawyers Program
- L.A. Education Partnership
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences
- CSU Long Beach (Public Policy & Administration)
- The Getty Center
- Model United Nations
- L.A. County Superior Court, Sheriff and Library
- Constitutional Rights Foundation
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Prosecution & Defense
- Public Administration
- Public Policy
DID YOU KNOW?
- Humanitas is one of the nation’s oldest and most successful learning communities
- Includes more than 500 teachers and 15,000 students in Los Angeles High Schools
- Engages students in close knit learning experience that keeps them together with Caring and Dedicated Teachers over much of their high school experience
CLASSROOM PROJECTS AND REAL LIFE EXPERIENCES, SUCH AS:
INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEER WORK WILL CONNECT STUDENTS NOT ONLY TO THEIR CLASSROOM AND SCHOOL BUT ALSO TO THE LOCAL COMMUNITY.