- Illuminate Education -
Assessments and Data Made Easy: Quickly create assessments. Then run fast, flexible reports to review student performance, analyze trends, shape curriculum and distribute to stakeholders. For downloads related to Illuminate (like the GradeCam plugin) use this link DOWNLOADS. Garfield Teacher Login CLICK HERE
- Edutopia. Dedicated to improving the K-12 learning process through innovative, replicable, and evidence-based strategies that prepare students to thrive in their studies, careers, and adult lives.
- PORTS (Parks Online Resources for Teachers and Students). PORTS is a free distance learning program that uses the power of interactive videoconferencing to help K-12 schools teach common core state standards in the context of California State Parks.
- PlanbookEdu. An online lesson planner. Save your lesson plans and revise each year. Access your lesson planner anytime, anywhere.
APPS FOR THE CLASS
- Remind. A free, safe, easy-to-use communication tool that helps teachers connect instantly with students and parents.
- Edmodo. Teachers, students, and parents connect to collaborate on assignments, discover new resources, and more!
- iLEAP Pick A Student. A simple app designed to help teachers pick students to help or participate in class. It supports multiple different classes and various options to choose students. Choosing a student randomly will pick any student from the class, and using turn based selection every student will be picked before any student is picked again.
- Common Core. View the Common Core State Standards in one convenient FREE app! A great reference for students, parents, and teachers to easily read and understand the core standards. Quickly find standards by subject, grade, and subject category (domain/cluster). This app includes Math standards K-12 and Language Arts standards K-12.
- NGSS. View the Next Generation Science Standards in one convenient FREE app! A great reference for teachers, parents, and students to easily read and understand the standards. Quickly find standards by various topic arrangements or keyword search.
- Plickers. Plickers is a powerfully simple tool that lets teachers collect real-time formative assessment data without the need for student devices.
- Schoology. A learning management system (LMS) that has all the tools your institution needs to create engaging content, design lessons, and assess student understanding.
- FLOCABULARY- You'll find almost 800 videos of educational hip hop, lessons, assessments and more in Math, ELA, Science, Social Studies, Social Emotional Learning, Weekly Current Events, and more. You can search for content by SUBJECT or by CCSS. You can use Flocabulary to increase engagement, build literacy skills, and support classroom instruction and student mastery of standards.
All you have to do is visit the following link, select your school (James A. Garfield Senior High), and get started: http://flocabulary.com/accounts/select-school/los-angeles-unified
- KAHOOT! Allows you to:
a fun multiple-choice question game in minutes (‘kahoots’). You can add videos, images and diagrams to your questions to amplify engagement.
Kahoots are best played in a group setting, like a classroom. Players answer on their own devices, while games are displayed on a shared screen to unite the lesson.
After a game, encourage players to create and share their own kahoots to deepen understanding, mastery and purpose.
Visit the following link to get started.
- MENTIMETER - Create interactive presentations through voting with smartphones.
Visit the following link for more info.
Let me know of any other useful resources you would like share with our staff.