Why Denim Day USA?
- Every two and a half minutes, somewhere in America, someone is sexually assaulted.
- One in six American women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape.
- According to the Los Angeles Police Department, there were 1,117 rapes during the year 2003, with only 260 rape suspects arrested.
- 82.8% of rapes committed by an intimate are not reported to the police.
- 35% of college men who voluntarily participated in psychological research conducted at several universities indicated they might commit a rape if they knew they could get away with it.
- Two million children around the world are forced into prostitution every year.
- Law enforcement arrests for internet sex crimes against minors are on the rise.
- 15,000 to 19,000 people with developmental disabilities are raped each year in North America.
- Survivors deserve support and assistance, not shame and blame.
- We want to build healthy relationships, families and communities free from sexual, domestic and interpersonal violence.
Garfield High School celebrated Denim Day in the Bulldog way! A great "Thank You" goes out to all those who participated and to the group of individuals who made it happen.
A short video of this event is located on the Video Gallery on this site. Some pictures are located in the Photo Album.
For more information go to the following website: