The LAUSD Arts Fest 2014 will showcase the artistic talent of our LAUSD students while bringing awareness to the importance of arts education and its impact on the creativity, growth and development of our young people. The Arts Fest celebration will kick-off with school-site performances, leading to a grand finale event.
School-site events - March 1-14, 2014
More than 40 schools will hold performances beginning March 1-14. You will find musical, stage, and dance performances, along with gallery openings and art walks. To find a school site event, please visit LAUSD Arts Fest School-site Events.
‘Arts Fest in the Park’ - March 15, 2014, Grand Park, Downtown Los Angeles
This free event will be held at LA County’s Grand Park in front of City Hall in Downtown Los Angeles and will feature:
• Over 2,000 student performers
• Celebrity appearances
• ‘Artist Market’ showcasing student art
• Special Mass Performance to Pete Seeger’s ‘Turn, Turn, Turn’
• ‘Screening Room’ featuring student films
• Vendor booths and giveaways
• ‘Creativity Zone’ with arts and crafts
• Food trucks
• Opportunity drawing for student art
• Metro Red and Purple Line accessible
Join us as we celebrate the arts and bring Hamilton High School freshman, Jordyn Sacino’s bright idea of ‘using art to save art’ to life.
Official Flyer attached