The students from each group were instrumental as they assisted with the collection and decoration of boxes, creating banners for school wide promotion, arranging cans by category, putting together the final boxes for the families and on distribution day.
A special thanks to:
• Ms. Lopez, Healthy Start Coordinator, for planning, coordinating, preparing baskets, and your leadership.
• 1st Sgt. Eason, JROTC Instructor, for hosting this event and combining efforts with Healthy Start in the collection of cans.
• Ms. Tamez, School Psychologist, for contacting some of the families she referred with details of distribution date.
• Mr. Orellana, PSW, for assisting in delivering a basket to one of the families who was unable to do so.
• Mr. Velez, Plant Manager, for making himself available to transport goods during his busy schedule.
• Ms. Correa, PSA Counselor, for picking up 5 turkeys from Congresswoman Judy Chu's office on a non-working day.
An estimated 2,100 cans were collected in which 71 families received a basket for about 5 people with mixed goods (spagetti, rice, tuna, mashed potato, cereal, tomatoe sauce, canned vegetables and fruit). The remaining canned food was donated to ELA Women Program and their shelter.
We extend much gratitute for the support and parternship of all those who gave of themselves to the "6th Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive". On behalf of our students and families that benefited, thank you and may you continue to make a difference in what you do.
For more photos of this event go to the "Photo Album" on this site.