ISIS Family Module - LAUSD
About the Family Module
The parents of LAUSD students can become more involved in their children's education, using the new Family Module. This online tool acts as a window into the daily lives of your children. Using a computer connected to the Internet, parents can log on at any time of the day to monitor their child’s progress in school.
The Family Module provides parents with the knowledge needed to quickly identify and solve problems that might hinder their child's chances of success. Families no longer need to feel in the dark about their children's academic status; the Family Module lets them act, before it is too late.
Family Module Update
The ISIS Family Module first piloted in February 2009 with 11 secondary schools. Now, the module has been enabled in elementary, middle, and senior high schools. Parents currently have access to attendance and grades (report card) information, in Armenian, Chinese, English, Farsi, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.
Additionally, teachers who use the LAUSDMAX Gradebook can enhance the quantity of information the parents can view.
All schools have access to the Family Module now. Principals wishing to sign parents up should refer to the Family Module - Information for Schools page to access the resources available to them on that page.
Helping Our Children Achieve
Currently, parents can...
- View child's attendance
- View child's grades (progress reports)
- View account information
- Change account password
- View module headings in nine different languages (English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Russian, Farsi, Armenian, Chinese, and Korean). All data, however, will be in English, only.
In the future, parents will be able to...
- View children from multiple schools in one place (as long as Family Module is enabled in the schools)
- View child’s course requests and schedule
- View child’s graduation requirements and discipline record
Monitoring allows parents to...
- Talk with their child about attendance or grades issues
- Praise efforts and accomplishments
- Discuss areas of improvement
- Communicate concerns early with teachers or counselors
- Actively participate in intervention strategies
Get Started with the Family Module
What do I need to know about registering?
- The Family Module is voluntary for all schools, so not all schools may choose to implement it.
- Check the list at the upper right of the page to see if your child’s school is using the Family Module.
- If a student moves from one school that uses the Family Module to another school that does not, parents will still be able to log in, but will not see any information.
- If your child's school does not have Family Module, express your interest in using it to the school administrator
- Currently, a parent will need a separate Access Key and Username for each child, even if your children attend the same school. In the future, parents will need only one Username and Access Key for the entire family.
- Contact your child's school to get the necessary registration forms and guides. To obtain an Access Key for starting an account, you must turn in the school's Parent Access Request Form, in person, and present identification proving you have legal rights to view a student's information.
To see all the components and the place to login to this important tool for parents, please go to the website on our "Links"